Remote patient monitoring services are continuing to take root fast in present times. An Insider Intelligence report predicts RPM technology is set to cover 30 million patients in the United States alone by 2024. With this rapid pace of adoption, you may begin to wonder just what the fuzz about remote patient monitoring is all about. Is it just a new fad? Do these services actually deliver vital benefits in terms of health insights? If you find yourself curious about RPM and its benefits, here are five proven advantages to win you over.
Enhanced Outcomes With Accurate Data
Cardiac remote patient monitoring can help guarantee better patient results compared to hospitals and clinics that don’t rely on any such technology entirely. This is substantiated by an NPJ study that examined clinical outcomes, and the influence of RPM on them.
It revealed that remote patient monitoring can improve patient outcomes for select conditions such as:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Obstructive pulmonary disease
- Lower back pain and others
With human error often muddying diagnosis by misrepresenting the full picture, this can hinder the choice of treatment and disease management. RPM facilities and physicians access round-the-clock data which leads to more holistic and accurate diagnosis in comparison to merely tracking one-off vitals during appointments. This enables preventative rather than reactionary care, which is always the key to guaranteeing better health outcomes.
Get Access to Top-Notch Capabilities
Depending on who you turn to, you can get access to top-notch and bonus capabilities due to revolutionary technology. For example, with Cardiac Rhythm and the company’s innovative and portable holter monitoring device, you get two-in-one functionalities. This device can double up as a:
- Real-time event record: Here you can use the device to monitor arrhythmia and heart events in real-time, which enables you to take proactive measures to safeguard your patients’ heart health
- Long-term holter monitor: This ensures better accuracy and enhanced diagnostic yield in the detection of heart rhythm irregularities in the long term compared to traditional ECG solutions
But that’s not all. Cardiac Rhythms technology allows deeper clinical data insights compared to alternatives on the market, allowing you to trawl life-saving data like never before.
If your facility’s or practice’s bottom line is in the red, cardiac remote monitoring companies and the services they offer can help turn around your numbers to make for better reading. Here’s how RPM can save you money:
- Access to specialist personnel only when needed. Specialist doctors are expensive to keep around on a permanent payroll. Remote patient monitoring allows facilities to access specialized expertise as and when needed, so they only pay for special services upon use.
- Lower supply utilization. As care is disseminated remotely, hospitals and clinics won’t burn through their supplies as quickly compared to in-person visits that may require the use of gloves, and disinfectants, among other materials.
- By enabling distant care provision: With remote patient monitoring, doctors and hospitals can manage high-risk patients from afar. This reduces travel and other auxiliary expenses for the patient, as well as the doctor. Additionally, this frees up beds enabling facilities to admit more patients and reduce revenue lost to redirections
Instant & Authentic Report with Accessibility
If you go with cardiac remote monitoring companies such as Cardiac Rhythm, then there’s a lot in it for you when it comes to reports.
Cardiac Rhythm relies on cloud technology to ensure the 24/7 availability of clinical reports regardless of distance or time differences. Their technology captures patients’ arrhythmia as they go about their day-to-day, with physicians getting alerts sent straight to the palm of their hands via phone notifications.
With instant access to clinically actionable reports, doctors can provide:
- Faster turnaround times for treatments
- Diagnosis even on the fly
- Quick collaborative care with other intensivist teams
What’s more, all data stored on the cloud is secure, encrypted, and is HIPPA compliant. This keeps it safe from theft, loss, and any form of corruption, which ensures the integrity & accuracy of data.
Flexible & Highly Customized Insights
If your patient is using a wearable ECG monitoring device and the RPM services at large provided by Cardiac Rhythm, for example, physicians gain the flexibility and convenience to set a variety of parameters to monitor.
Physicians, hospitals, and caregivers can:
- Define customization according to the patient’s unique needs and conditions. This helps to take away the noise by eliminating less-valuable data capture and providing relevant insights only.
- Configure automatic and periodic capture, in line with certain intervals that may be vital to the accuracy of the diagnosis.
- Get arrhythmia hints via an adept classification engine that’s simplifying the work for doctors.
What’s more, Cardiac Rhythm enables the generation of summary reports specific to patients, which goes a long way to ensure more personalized care.
Hospitals, physicians, clinics, and practices of all sizes have much to gain from utilizing remote patient monitoring for health insights. From personalizing the care experience and cost-effectiveness to improved patient outcomes, RPM can enhance and personalize care delivery on so many levels. If your facility or practice has long watched from the sidelines as the potential for RPM remains only a possibility, it’s time to take action in the here and now by outsourcing to a proven Remote Patient Monitoring Service provider. Visit the Cardiac Rhythm website for word-class RPM solutions.